FIM’s Core Values reflect our highest priorities, our non-negotiables. These are the values that form the culture of FIM, permeate and drive the entire FIM family, and dominate our decision-making.
Sound Doctrine – Absolute truth matters. A shared understanding of biblical truth forms the platform from which effective harmonious ministry is launched and maintained.
- We submit to the authority of the Scriptures in our personal lives, interpersonal relationships, and as a mission
- We annually reaffirm our commitment to the FIM Doctrinal Statement
- We establish churches that are compatible with the FIM Doctrinal Statement
- We partner with local churches and field ministries whose doctrinal position is compatible with the FIM Doctrinal Statement
Local Church – The local church stands responsible to identify, cultivate, launch, and hold accountable those whom God calls from their number.
- We see our role as assisting local churches to fulfill their missionary vision
- We value the Key Accountability Partner Church as an integral partner in holding missionaries accountable
- We partner with biblically sound local churches on the field
- We plant indigenous, self-supporting, reproducing local churches
The Great Commission – The good news of salvation should be shared with all people in order to create disciples globally.
- We insist that the entire FIM ministry family must be involved in fulfilling The Great Commission irrespective of their calling,
- We seek to share the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ with the lost wherever they may be found
- We strive to form and equip mature disciples of Jesus Christ
Call of God – God issues an unmistakable call to those He intends to serve Him as leaders in the effort to evangelize lost people and to equip believers.
- We insist that each missionary candidate have an unmistakable call to ministry from God, attested to by their local church
- We require a well-thought-out Ministry Plan detailing the missionary’s vision, ministry strategies, goals, and action steps
- We facilitate the call of the individual rather than require the individual to fit our vision
Imperative of Prayer – Prayer is indispensible to effective ministry.
- We recognize our dependence on Almighty God
- We seek to promote a culture of prayer within the entire FIM family
- We resolve to impact the world for Christ—specifically FIM-related ministries—through intercession
Integrity – Godly lives are essential to the effective communication of God’s Word.
- We expect of the entire FIM family lives that harmonize with godliness and biblical standards, including the use of time, finances, and resources
- We seek candidates who hold to high standards and whose lives attest to that
- We hold to high legal, financial, and ethical standards in the FIM Home Office
Healthy Relationships – Loving relationships give rise to community that encourages healthful spiritual formation and provides a context for ministry.
- We recognize that all effective ministry flows from a vital relationship with God
- We realize that although there are different forms of ministry, personal relationships are key to evangelism and discipleship
- We provide a flexible ministry context that values the individual, expects integrity, and acknowledges the need we all have for accountability
- We strive to have a close relationship between the Home Office and the on-field missionaries
Good Stewardship – God expects His people to use the resources of time, money, abilities, and spiritual gifts to the best possible advantage in their pursuit of excellence in ministry.
- We use the resources of time, money, abilities, and spiritual gifts to the best possible advantage in our pursuit of excellence in ministry
- We evaluate field ministries and Home Office operations with a view to making the best use of the available resources
- We implement technology to be more efficient and effective in our ministry