STEP 1: LOCAL CHURCH
- To identify, cultivate, and launch those called by God.
- To prayerfully champion each missionary’s ministry.
- To foster regular communication with the missionary.
- To provide ministry and personal accountability for each missionary.
STEP 2: FIM
- To promote the cause of missions in every available setting.
- To assist missionaries to fulfill their call by supporting and reinforcing them.
- To assist churches in fulfilling their missionary vision.
STEP 3: MISSIONARY
- To follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- To faithfully serve according to the agreed upon doctrinal and ministry statements.
- To communicate with supporters faithfully.
- To inspire others to follow in their footsteps in obedience to Christ.
“Flexibility in Ministry with
Integrity and Accountability.”
The church, the missionary, and FIM all have
significant roles in making this work.
We offer flexibility – Freedom to obey God’s call FIM allows missionaries to discern God’s leading in their lives. It further allows them to move quickly and decisively to seize opportunity for the cause of Christ.
We facilitate accountability – Godly counsel and oversightFIM holds its missionaries accountable on the basis of a detailed Ministry Plan endorsed by their Key Accountability Partner (KAP) church (sometimes known as the “sending church”). Following a New Testament model, we place a high value on interaction with each missionary’s KAP church as the progress of the ministry requires it.
We value integrity – Life and service by God’s principlesFIM screens for missionaries who possess biblical integrity. Missionaries who possess this quality can be trusted to follow God’s leading and act on it responsibly.